26 September 2013

Twas My Last Night in London

Twas my last night London
And here was the plan
Dinner with some super peeps
Then farewell drinks for Dan*

Some peeps have got kids now
Cause we're all grown up and shit
So the boys went down to the pub
And the girls, home to babysit

(This is the old Sully's - the pub I used to live in!)

The plan was a few drinks and then home
As tomorrow was a big day
But as we relived the golden times
The plan sort of faded away


So talking and laughing with lovely friends
An evening with no end in sight
 But finally a taxi was called
And bed was welcomed without a fight!

Sometimes I need a reminder
Of just how old I've become
Although I miss the fun times we had
I've woken feeling pretty dumb!

I will miss you my lovely friends
and thank you for the tasteless snacks you put in my suitcase!

xxx

*Dan is our mate who has been living in London for ages and was moving back to Melbourne this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment