25 July 2013

Reverse Nesting

Apparently just before a woman is due to have her baby, she nests.  


Having a sister and many friends who have babies I've seen this happen first hand.  They wait until they've got about a week to go and should probably just sit down but instead they say they want to go to Freedom Furniture or Ikea and get that tall boy they've had their eye on for the past 8 months or perhaps we might just paint the nursery one more time or let's redo the back yard.  The baby won't be able to play out there for a year or so, but let's do it now.


Well, I think I have Reverse Nesting.  

It's a term I've just coined myself which relates to the activities of someone who will not be welcoming one into the world, but for one who is travelling across it.  For some reason this week, pre departure, I can't stop organising things.  

I'm changing sheets on beds that I won't be sleeping in for 2 months.  For reasons unknown to me I'm tidying the sewing/study/junk room up.  I've even done a bit of sewing this week! The kitchen cupboards are next on my list and I don't even really have much in there.

 I'm getting my home ready to have nobody in it.


Why is this I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment