28 July 2013

The Packing Palava


Twas the day of departure
The packing was done
I added a jacket
In case of no sun

I weighed my suitcase
Kilos - 23
Could I finally have this packing malarky
Down to a perfect tee?

A wedding outfit, the perfect shoes
A dress clutch and a wrap
Going out attire, some casual gear
And a whole lot of other crap


T-shirts x 4, shorts x 2
Sunglasses and a hat
Swimming togs, a summer dress
And you'd think that that was that


But as I give it one last look
Theres one thing I don't see
In amongst the shoes and clothes
Theres not a single toiletry!

So I take it all out and start again
This shouldn't be so hard
If I'm to add my paste and creams
What am I to discard?

Why is it that we think we'll wear
Something different when we roam
I should take out that purple dress
That I never wear at home!

So I'll lug my largish suitcase
Through the airport to check in
If she's bloody overweight
Then I'll just take it on the chin











No comments:

Post a Comment