18 July 2013

Purposeful Preparation

With a week to go I am finding myself running against the clock making sure that I have all the necessary episodes of Game of Thrones downloaded as I plan to catch up on 2 complete seasons on the flight.

You see I'm a late bloomer when it comes to these fantastic shows. 


Mad Men 
Status update: Up to date. Am able to talk confidently about it.


Game of Thrones 
Status update: Nailing it.  Season 1 down, 2 & 3 to go.



Breaking Bad
Status update: Too much on my watching plate to commit to this just yet.


The Sopranos
Status update: Started watching about 5 years after it finished.  Made it to midway through Season 3.  The thought of 3 more seasons was a little overwhelming.


Downton Abbey
Status update: Next on the "to watch" list.

 I always find out about them later than everyone else and then I'll listen to people talk about the characters and the plots and the "can you believe what so and so did in episode 4?" conversations, but it tends to take me a good 6-12 months after the hype before I'll really commit to watching the series.  However, instead of drawing it out by watching one episode per week, I like to watch the whole thing in one sitting.  

Lucky for me I have a 24 hour 'sit in' coming up which will be perfect to get the whole 3 seasons out the way.


Finally I'll be able to contribute to the conversations........ if people are still talking about it that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment