12 September 2013

Where o Where is Josiah?

The lovely Esther and Angela and their divine baby, Josiah have made a mention in a previous post, however I need to show you more.

Today we met up and went to the Horniman Museum, a chap who liked to collect things.  The grounds are full of animals and musical instruments and vegetable patches and inside the museum there is room after room of cultural artefacts and stuffed animals and skeletons.  It is so fascinating that it is a breeding ground for mothers wanting somewhere interesting to take their little ones.  There were prams a plenty.

We headed straight for the musical instruments where Josiah showed me his pigeon stalking skills.


Before showing me how he could walk - only been doing it for a week or so! 

He loved the musical instruments and they sounded lovely in the gardens, they made a beautiful sound, not the regular banging you'd normally get in a playground environment.


We can see who the musical influence is in the family!


The gardens were lovely and so well looked after. 


As were the massive vegetable plants.  Check out the size of that pumpkin!  Apparently all the vegies are harvested and used in the cafe.


Josiah is offered every mode of transportation.


While we were here Tanya and all the cousins had gone into London and up the Chard (the tall pointy building you can see in the distance)  I wonder if they were looking at me while I was looking at them looking at me?


You don't have to be a kiddie to enjoy little animals like this.  This is a lion haired rabbit because of it's mane.  If I was ever going to get a rabbit, it would be one of those.


Or, I want this alpaca.


These are some of the exhibits inside the museum



There is also a music section

Check out this one..... it's a Hurdy gurdy!


This one I liked because it looked like a laughing mouth with big bucked teeth.


And this one because it's a violin, but it's designed to fit in your pocket! 


When my Jenny and I went to Copenhagen a few years ago we wanted to visit the Little Mermaid, but when we got there she wasn't there.  In her place was a little souvenir model like you'd buy in the shop.  The actual Little Mermaid was holidaying in China!

Well, I've been duped again, because usually there is a stuffed walrus at this museum and wouldn't you know it, he's on holiday in Margate...... I've just come from there a few days ago.  If only I'd known!


Another wonderful day with a beautiful family.

Kisses to you ladies and your gorgeous little man.
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment