30 July 2013

Day 1 - London. My Mission Is To Beat Jet Lag

Crossing 11 time zones backwards can take it's toll on a person, especially when you arrive at the crack of dawn.  All the travel tip books tell you that you should put yourself onto the time of the destination as quickly as possible, so if you land in the morning, you should stay awake until the appropriate bed time.

So I arrived at 5am and have been walking around London ever since.  

I wandered the back streets between London Bridge and Shoreditch and found some lovely treasures that I'd never seen before.


A dying trade?  It's been a while since I've seen a shoe shine.


I love how the old merges with the new. 


Spitafield Markets. 
 I do so love a good market.  These ones unfortunately didn't have anything that interested me, but I won't let that stop me.


I stopped off at about 3pm for a sit down and a quiet bevy.  I watched the beautiful people walk past.  Some had those ridiculous sized heels on that make you walk on your toes with your knees bent.  I couldn't get the camera out in time to get a shot of that though.  It was about this time that I could feel the tired coming on.

Come on ....... push through!


This was by far the best thing I saw all day.  Whilst seeking shelter from the pouring rain under a train bridge,  I shared the space with this couple who were not begging or anything but had just set up a little picnic camp set up......... 

And then the lady groomed the man.

That's me hiding behind my umbrella.


No comments:

Post a Comment