20 September 2013

The Grass is Greener in Knightsbridge

Today's adventure would take me through the streets of Belgravia and Knightsbridge, two of the poshest areas of London.  The likes of the late Margaret Thatcher and Madonna used to live here.  It is full of beautiful, grand houses ..........



And secret gated gardens.......


Porches, Mercedes and BMWs line the streets and the footpaths are generally devoid of rubbish.  You know you're in a posh area if you don't have to step over bags of waste!


 On one street in Knightsbridge I walked along a street where the shops seemed to be aimed at a particular type of person......



But luckily there was also something for me......


Nick had told me about this place as he, being a lovely friend, knew of my love of all things map!  It was a tiny two story shop with antique maps and posters and globes..... I was in map heaven!


Coincidently, another of my favourite London shops was just around the corner.


Being September, Harrods couldn't decide whether they wanted to focus on Halloween


Or Christmas.....


 But the thing I love most about Harrods, beside the food hall, is that you can go in any time of the year for all your jade and gold encrusted grand piano needs.


Well that and the delicious Italian hot chocolate from the Godiva Chocolate Cafe where the chocolate is so thick you have to eat it with a spoon.  

Honestly, I could bathe in it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment