29 September 2013

The End.

So here we are, at the end.  What a journey it has been.  Do you even remember the beginning?  I'm struggling to.

I'm sitting at the Singapore airport trying to go through all the events on this jaunt.  I guess I could just go back through the blog, but that would be cheating.

I want to send out a big thank you to everyone who came onboard to make this journey so memorable.  You know who you are.  If it weren't for you, my trip and this blog would have been post after post of selfies and maniacal banter of me talking about myself in the 3rd person..... so thank you.

Each time I venture away from home I like to make sure that I bring something home (apart from the obligatory fridge magnet) that I can learn from.

10 Important Things I Have Learned on This Journey:

1. If you carry an umbrella with you - that is a guarantee that it won't rain.



2.  If you see something that you fall in love with - buy it, even if you have to carry it in your hand luggage for the rest of the trip - you'll regret it if you don't.


3.  Always pack more underpants than you think you need.



4.  For every uncultured thing you do, do one cultured thing and then everything balances out.



5.  If you're unsure about packing that dress/top/shorts/skirt that you never wear at home - the chances are that you'll never wear it when you're away!  Take it out of the suitcase now......case closed - literally!



6. No matter how many shoes you think you'll need, you're wrong.  Take out 3 pairs and make do.  This makes more room for the underpants!



7.  It's important to take time out for yourself when you're away.  There's nothing wrong with just having a PJ Day.  Give yourself a break from doing 'something' every single day.




8.  Marmite is not Vegemite, but it is a satisfactory substitute when you can't get your hands on the real thing.



9.  You should always make the effort for people who make the effort with you.



10.  You can never apply too much SPF30+




It's been great having you along for the ride.  Until next time faithful readers...... 

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment