31 August 2013

The Rugby League

When I'm here in the UK I like to pop up to Rugby, which is in Warwickshire in the middle of England, where I used to work to visit with the top group of ladies that I worked with at St Marie's Catholic Junior School.  I taught grade 3 with a gorgeous New Zealander named Bec and I fell in love with lovely ladies there.  So I like to come back and visit when I can. 

This year Miss Polly put together a dinner at the local Mexican restaurant where clearly, Mexican fun ensued.

The newly engaged Miss Emily, Will, you are a lucky man!

                                      Miss Sue                                                     Miss Mandy

Miss Liz, Miss Pam and Miss Sue 

Miss Shell, Miss Polly and Miss Karen

Thank you ladies for making the effort to come and out and see me.  I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Tori and Bec, you were both missed!

xxx


Thinking I was really clever, I booked a hotel in the middle of Rugby town centre.  My thoughts were that I could have a couple of drinks and walk back to the hotel - easy!  What I didn't consider was that the hotel was also next to a couple of quite loud hotels playing very loud music.  I also didn't consider that because of the age of the old coach hotel that the walls and doors and windows might not have any sound proofing at all and so when someone was walking past the room, it sounded as if they were in the room with me.  I felt a little alarmed at first, but as my eyelids grew heavier and heavier, I occurred to me that if somebody did get into the deadlocked room, it would be more scarier for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment